>>>>

Saturday, February 06, 2016

Some Very Very Texas Show & Share!

20160129_124314
Could it really be a week ago already since I was in the midst of teaching at Stitchin’ Heaven’s Bunk House in Quitman, Texas?

And how many times I have had to REMOVE the L from the middle of QUITMAN as I have typed it because it always comes out like QUILTMAN!?

I think they should just make it easy on all of us and change the name to QUILTMAN, right?

One of the things I love about the great state of Texas is the love they abundantly share for their state, and its history.  You can’t go anywhere in Texas without seeing flags waving.  Did you know that The Republic of Texas was an independent sovereign country in North America that existed from March 2, 1836, to February 19, 1846?

When someone remarks that “Texas thinks they are their own country!”  Well, they have been!  But they are also very proud of the USA and you will often find both flags flying as seen here – this photo was taken on one of our lunch time walks on a beautiful sunny day. 

Things are also very big in Texas – okay, not as big as Alaska, but still, Texas big!  And Texas quilters make big quilts!

20160129_125339

Like Ramona’s Roll Roll Cotton Boll from String Fling!

20160129_125445

Allong with her Allietare!

20160129_125822

And Sandra’s Sister’s Choice from the Free Patterns tab!

Each quilt brought and shown came with a story.  I love Show & Share time at the end of our lunch break because it gives me a chance to know YOU and what fabrics you like to use, what colors you have put together and the eye candy just energizes us all to get back to the machines and get stitching!

20160129_131607

Bring on the red white & blue in a beautiful Orca Bay from String Fling!

20160130_130525

How about some lovely Playing with Jacks in green and purple?

20160201_132709

Celtic Solstice brought about cheers from everyone in the room.

Truly gorgeous!

I’ve saved all of the show and share photos from my 4 days in QUILTMAN and hope that you enjoy seeing them here, one at a time. Remember you can click the pause button if there is something you want to take a bit more time on.  Click the image below if you are unable to view the slide show on your mobile device.  You’ll be taken to the photo album for viewing.

Show & Share, Stitchin' Heaven, TX 2016



I made it home last night LATE.  But so happy to be home!

Sadie1

THIS GIRL!!

She spent the night getting as close to me as she could.  By 2am I had no bed left, and I was roasting!  I got up, padded my way to the guestroom where I spent the rest of the night catching as many ZZ’s as I could.
80081_frontcover__32388.1445536843.368.475

I have a bit of a snafu.  I had hoped he Wonky Wishes patterns would arrive by today.  Now it says there is a delay and the delivery is Monday.  Guess who is leaving for Los Angeles on Monday?  I’ll be gone almost 2 weeks!  And I hate the thought of those patterns sitting here when I am not here to fill those orders, but for those of you waiting, just know that it couldn't be helped.  They could still show up today – but if they don’t, be patient with me and know that I’ll get to them upon my return home from this next trip.

I also didn’t do the drawing last night for our 3 winners because of my late arrival and being dead to the wind.  I’ll do that tonight instead so I have extended the give-away and you can still enter HERE if you haven’t already!

2_6_2016

Quiltville Quote of the Day!

It's your road, where will it take you today? Having friends and family along to share the way makes the journey that much sweeter.
 
Vintage Broken Dishes quilt circa 1920 from my collection.
 
Have a great Saturday, everyone!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:23 AM EST

    Beautiful quilts! I'm from Texas, living a long way away in Indiana - yes, Texas is "like" a different country - unique and special in it's own way!
    Thanks for sharing! I love your postings. May God bless your passions!
    mary.4451@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the name change. My daughter used to live in TX and we always enjoyed visiting there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Old quilter4:41 PM EST

    Thanks for the Texas Sized show and share. Lovely !

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Dear Grandmother was a Texan and she loved and grew sweetpeas. The wonderful quilt with the pink sweetpeas brought tears to my eyes. Is this a applique quilt pattern?
    Thank you for the wonder show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda Baker2:25 PM EST

    What a Beautiful collection of Quilts.. Some I have never seen before. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)